[Idea]: Depth of Field Blur

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

[Idea]: Depth of Field Blur

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

This is yet another blur I miss. It helps create dynamic photo edits with very minimal effort. At the moment, it is possible to create this through a series of complex masks. Would be really great to have it in with in the blur possibilities.

- Depth of Field Blur
- Path Blur
- Iris Blur

Three value adds that PL could use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUKKcm8DTxo - Depth of Field Blur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JybNV-YOFHo - Path Blur :idea:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cY4LqOOpgcU - Iris Blur
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: [Idea]: Depth of Field Blur

Beitrag von Hoogo »

DoF-Blur and Iris blur look like simpler UIs for "variable blur" to me.
I think it would be much more useful if there was a "variable blur" that is not using the mask, but somehow uses a layer (like layer mask) and behaves like an adjustment layer. Looks pretty difficult to me, though...

And while we're collecting ideas for blurring pictures: What about the shapre of the blur?
We have box blur using a square, Gaussian blur using that Gauss curve, 2 versions of blur that use a line. What about a blur that uses a brush as shape?
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: [Idea]: Depth of Field Blur

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

I love the idea! Brush blur.

Speaking of brushes, Affinity's new Adjustment Brush is a simple but very good idea. You select the Adjustment Brush, select the Adjustment you want to apply, and just brush. It automatically creates a mask and an adjustment layer. I can see this extended to Layer Styles. PL already has a filter brush. :)