
Forum changes color of uploaded images
-
shijan
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2033
- Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
- Wohnort: Ukraine
Forum changes color of uploaded images
It seems there is a bug in the Forum. It re-compress uploaded images and changes their color. So image start to look less saturated and also less sharp. Here is sRGB JPEG image uploaded directly to this forum:
Here is same sRGB JPEG image uploaded to other image hosting:


Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
-
bkh
- Beta Tester
- Beiträge: 3687
- Registriert: Do 26 Nov 2009 22:59
Re: Forum changes color of uploaded images
Looks like this does not happen if I upload the attachment using Apple Safari:
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
-
Herbert123
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2455
- Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38
Re: Forum changes color of uploaded images
Test! Fine in Firefox Developer as well.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
-
shijan
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2033
- Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
- Wohnort: Ukraine
Re: Forum changes color of uploaded images
Interesting. I tested in Safari and there is no color shift.
I use Firefox 115.26.0 esr on macOS. I also enabled color management in Firefox by changing some gfx.color_management in about:config like described in this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... in_Firefox and this https://zidhuss.tech/posts/p3-firefox-mac/ articles. Maybe this somehow affect image during uploading? Maybe forum somehow reads my wide gamut display profile and incorrectly convert colors? I'll do some tests later with default Firefox settings...
I use Firefox 115.26.0 esr on macOS. I also enabled color management in Firefox by changing some gfx.color_management in about:config like described in this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... in_Firefox and this https://zidhuss.tech/posts/p3-firefox-mac/ articles. Maybe this somehow affect image during uploading? Maybe forum somehow reads my wide gamut display profile and incorrectly convert colors? I'll do some tests later with default Firefox settings...
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
-
shijan
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2033
- Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
- Wohnort: Ukraine
Re: Forum changes color of uploaded images
Here is (partial) problem fix, just in case if someone will look for same problem. Problem was because i set Firefox about:config gfx.color_management.native_srgb to "false". It was done to apply color management to fonts and svg vector objects. But seems it also affect color of uploaded images. If set it to default "true", there is no problem with uploaded images, but fonts and vector objects in browser now look non color managed and too vivid. Guess i need to report this bug to Firefox team.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302