Neue Testversion 25.00b13
-
Herbert123
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2455
- Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
I welcome the ligature option. It's a good start.
But when I try to copy a line of text (set in Junicode OpentType) to PhotoLine, all alternates are lost.
The top line I created in VectorStyler and copied it across to PhotoLine. The result is the second line.
I hope OpenType support for alternates is in the cards at some point. I am aware that I expressed this wish before, but it is really holding back PhotoLine's typography. Every other semi-serious design software offers support.
Or at the very least allow for copying text set with alternates in other software and maintain the alternates.
But when I try to copy a line of text (set in Junicode OpentType) to PhotoLine, all alternates are lost.
The top line I created in VectorStyler and copied it across to PhotoLine. The result is the second line.
I hope OpenType support for alternates is in the cards at some point. I am aware that I expressed this wish before, but it is really holding back PhotoLine's typography. Every other semi-serious design software offers support.
Or at the very least allow for copying text set with alternates in other software and maintain the alternates.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
-
der_fotograf
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 672
- Registriert: Mo 05 Dez 2016 08:33
- Wohnort: North Germany
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
I've checked it with several OpenType fonts. It's not a bug in PL, it's probably a missing feature or bug in other programs: they simply do not hand over all font features with the copy command. If you copy and paste the text snippet in the same program, everything works flawlessly, but as soon as you paste it in another software, it starts looking weird. Some tools don't even copy the different types of the dash:
Something else are i.e. different unit approaches. Scribus or Affinity Publisher use percentage for kerning and leading, while PL uses pixels.
But as I always keep saying: PL is not a desktop publishing software! So pls use an adequate software for your elaborate tasks.
I wouldn't expect or demand a publishing software to offer a set of full fledged image editing tools.
There is a reason for different types of software on the market.
Something else are i.e. different unit approaches. Scribus or Affinity Publisher use percentage for kerning and leading, while PL uses pixels.
But as I always keep saying: PL is not a desktop publishing software! So pls use an adequate software for your elaborate tasks.
I wouldn't expect or demand a publishing software to offer a set of full fledged image editing tools.
There is a reason for different types of software on the market.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
-
Herbert123
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2455
- Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
@der_photograph I would have agreed with you 10 years ago. Nowadays, however, most (semi)professional design software, whether illustration, image editing, prototyping, etc. do support OpenType features.
OpenType is nothing special - I would argue it is sort-of expected to be able to control alternates in one's typography. LibreOffice Writer (though via an ugly dialog) offers full support of these. Photoshop, Illustrator, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, VectorStyler (illustration),...
Even InkScape 1.3 added improved support for OpenType features. Figma(!), which is prototyping software for development, even has OpenType support!
So I respectfully disagree: OpenType support is more-or-less expected nowadays. There is nothing unique or special about it. It's not something reserved for DTP software.
Since PhotoLine offers that great option to connect to InkScape, I tried to send text to Inkscape to apply OpenType Alternates in Inkscape, and then send the result back to PhotoLine.
...same result: it won't work. The alternates are lost.
Anyway, seems that I will have to continue to import OpenType alternates as SVG into PhotoLine for the time being.
OpenType is nothing special - I would argue it is sort-of expected to be able to control alternates in one's typography. LibreOffice Writer (though via an ugly dialog) offers full support of these. Photoshop, Illustrator, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, VectorStyler (illustration),...
Even InkScape 1.3 added improved support for OpenType features. Figma(!), which is prototyping software for development, even has OpenType support!
So I respectfully disagree: OpenType support is more-or-less expected nowadays. There is nothing unique or special about it. It's not something reserved for DTP software.
Since PhotoLine offers that great option to connect to InkScape, I tried to send text to Inkscape to apply OpenType Alternates in Inkscape, and then send the result back to PhotoLine.
...same result: it won't work. The alternates are lost.
Anyway, seems that I will have to continue to import OpenType alternates as SVG into PhotoLine for the time being.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
-
Vivi_Ram
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 421
- Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
Echo @Herbert123 sentiments: Advanced typography is not advanced anymore. It has become quite normal. To use a typographic pun: OpenType features are now baseline. I'd also argue that PhotoLine's logic of all-in-one swiss-knife approach does implicitly require OpenType features. We can do extremely accurate vector work in PL. Extremely detailed photo compositing too. And we have a very advanced text engine (supporting Indic typefaces). There is absolutely no reason why it should not contain OpenType features fully.
-
wmjordan
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 98
- Registriert: Mi 14 Apr 2004 16:33
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
@Gerhard
I saw this post and tried to email you a new Chinese translation to [email protected].
Somehow the mail delivery failed.
Was it because of the spam filter or server failure?
I saw this post and tried to email you a new Chinese translation to [email protected].
Somehow the mail delivery failed.
Was it because of the spam filter or server failure?
-
Gerhard Huber
- Entwickler

- Beiträge: 4278
- Registriert: Mo 18 Nov 2002 15:30
- Wohnort: Bad Gögging
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
sorry for this. I didn't have problems with [email protected] in the past.
If it doesn't work, you can try [email protected], it's a different server.
If it doesn't work, you can try [email protected], it's a different server.
-
wmjordan
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 98
- Registriert: Mi 14 Apr 2004 16:33
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
@Gerhard
OK, I resent you the translation.
It seems that the .de mailbox is working.
OK, I resent you the translation.
It seems that the .de mailbox is working.
-
Vivi_Ram
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 421
- Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
Something seems to have changed in the latest release 25.50: Curly "smart" quotes don't work anymore. 
-
shijan
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2033
- Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
- Wohnort: Ukraine
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
Probably because this is still in beta testing stage. Some other features from last beta also not available in release version. This is normal.Vivi_Ram hat geschrieben: Fr 13 Feb 2026 12:59 Something seems to have changed in the latest release 25.50: Curly "smart" quotes don't work anymore.![]()
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
-
Vivi_Ram
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 421
- Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
Is that so. Okay. Then I have to revert to 13 then.
Let me check and get back.
-
Hoogo
- Beta Tester
- Beiträge: 4169
- Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
- Wohnort: Deutschland
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
Farben reduzieren...
Ich brauche mal wieder ein C64-Testbild undhabe mir dafür Herbert's palettes runtergeladen.
Vorbereitung
- Farbliste öffnen (Ansicht > Listen> Farben)
- Herberts Paletten hinzuladen
- Eine aussuchen und markieren
- "Aktive speichern". Nun hat man eine Datei mit den 16 Farben
Das eigentliche Farben reduzieren
- Werkzeug > Farbe > Farben reduzieren
- Palette > Datei > Laden
- Hier wird eine .pal erwartet, gespeichert wurde aber ein .plgd
- Die trotzdem reinfuschen => Absturz
Ich hab's letztlich durch einen Screenshot der Farbliste und "Farben reduzieren > Palette > Datei > Speichern" geschafft, meine 16 Farben als .pal zu speichern. Ein direkterer Weg über Auswahl einer Photoline-Palette wäre am schönsten
Ich brauche mal wieder ein C64-Testbild undhabe mir dafür Herbert's palettes runtergeladen.
Vorbereitung
- Farbliste öffnen (Ansicht > Listen> Farben)
- Herberts Paletten hinzuladen
- Eine aussuchen und markieren
- "Aktive speichern". Nun hat man eine Datei mit den 16 Farben
Das eigentliche Farben reduzieren
- Werkzeug > Farbe > Farben reduzieren
- Palette > Datei > Laden
- Hier wird eine .pal erwartet, gespeichert wurde aber ein .plgd
- Die trotzdem reinfuschen => Absturz
Ich hab's letztlich durch einen Screenshot der Farbliste und "Farben reduzieren > Palette > Datei > Speichern" geschafft, meine 16 Farben als .pal zu speichern. Ein direkterer Weg über Auswahl einer Photoline-Palette wäre am schönsten
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
-
Gerhard Huber
- Entwickler

- Beiträge: 4278
- Registriert: Mo 18 Nov 2002 15:30
- Wohnort: Bad Gögging
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
Herberts Palettensammlung besteht aus vielen Unterordnern.
Diese hat in der obersten Hierarchie keine Einträge, daher hat PhotoLine keine Farben für das Reduzieren.
Das führt zum Absturz. Ich werde das beheben, aber dein Ergebnis erhältst du trotzdem nicht.
Ich würde dir raten, die Paletten in der Farbliste zu laden und die gewünschten Farben zu speichern (auswählen und "Aktive Speichern").
Dann kannst du diese Palette verwenden.
Diese hat in der obersten Hierarchie keine Einträge, daher hat PhotoLine keine Farben für das Reduzieren.
Das führt zum Absturz. Ich werde das beheben, aber dein Ergebnis erhältst du trotzdem nicht.
Ich würde dir raten, die Paletten in der Farbliste zu laden und die gewünschten Farben zu speichern (auswählen und "Aktive Speichern").
Dann kannst du diese Palette verwenden.
-
Hoogo
- Beta Tester
- Beiträge: 4169
- Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
- Wohnort: Deutschland
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
So habe ich es getan.Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 17 Feb 2026 10:34Ich würde dir raten, die Paletten in der Farbliste zu laden und die gewünschten Farben zu speichern (auswählen und "Aktive Speichern").
Dann kannst du diese Palette verwenden.
Beim Speichern wird aber eine .plgd erzeugt, beim Laden wird aber eine .pal erwartet.
Und die richtige Palette im falschen Format reinpfuschen funktioniert nicht und führt zum Absturz.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
-
Gerhard Huber
- Entwickler

- Beiträge: 4278
- Registriert: Mo 18 Nov 2002 15:30
- Wohnort: Bad Gögging
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
Das ist so nicht richtig. Wenn du einzelne Farben als .plgd speicherst, funktioniert das schon.
-
Hoogo
- Beta Tester
- Beiträge: 4169
- Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
- Wohnort: Deutschland
Re: Neue Testversion 25.00b13
Verstehe ich nicht.
Ich kann eine einzelne Palette speichern oder auch eine einzelne Farbe speichern. In beiden Fällen kommt eine .plgd raus Und beim Reduzieren werden nur .pal angenommen.
Ich kann eine einzelne Palette speichern oder auch eine einzelne Farbe speichern. In beiden Fällen kommt eine .plgd raus Und beim Reduzieren werden nur .pal angenommen.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!