Hi
I am using 24.40b3 on Windows.
When I copy a text layer from one document to another, it appears as an image layer rather than a text layer.
Is this expected behaviour or a bug in the beta?
Is there a way to copy a text layer as a text layer from one document to another?
Thanks!
Copy text layer to another document
-
kc123
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 11
- Registriert: Mo 17 Jul 2023 03:35
-
Gerhard Huber
- Entwickler

- Beiträge: 4279
- Registriert: Mo 18 Nov 2002 15:30
- Wohnort: Bad Gögging
Re: Copy text layer to another document
I don't know what you do to get this effect.
The normal way to copy a text layer is, to have the layer move tool active and select "Edit > Copy".
Then activate the second document and select "Edit > Paste as Layer".
This way, the layer kind would not be changed.
The normal way to copy a text layer is, to have the layer move tool active and select "Edit > Copy".
Then activate the second document and select "Edit > Paste as Layer".
This way, the layer kind would not be changed.
-
wilson
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 42
- Registriert: Mi 22 Jan 2014 12:43
Re: Copy text layer to another document
I can't reproduce this effect either. Pasting text from one Photoline document to another, or from an external text file, always pastes the text in editable format. You probably need to provide step-by-step instructions of what you're doing.
-
kc123
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 11
- Registriert: Mo 17 Jul 2023 03:35
Re: Copy text layer to another document
I have a file with a Text layer. I select it with the layer tool and press Ctrl+C to copy.
Then I create a new document and press the Ctrl+V to paste. It appears as an Image layer.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
-
Gerhard Huber
- Entwickler

- Beiträge: 4279
- Registriert: Mo 18 Nov 2002 15:30
- Wohnort: Bad Gögging
Re: Copy text layer to another document
Perhaps you have the Shift key pressed, this would make "Merged Copy" instead of "Copy" and create an image.
-
kc123
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 11
- Registriert: Mo 17 Jul 2023 03:35
Re: Copy text layer to another document
No, my shift key was not pressed. I tested it again today with the same documents open and it still pasted the text as image.
However, after I closed the documents and restarted Photoline, creating new empty documents and copying text now copies it as a text layer.
So I think there is a bug somewhere but I cannot reproduce it now. Will update if I observe it again.
Thanks!
However, after I closed the documents and restarted Photoline, creating new empty documents and copying text now copies it as a text layer.
So I think there is a bug somewhere but I cannot reproduce it now. Will update if I observe it again.
Thanks!
-
Hoogo
- Beta Tester
- Beiträge: 4169
- Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
- Wohnort: Deutschland
Re: Copy text layer to another document
Such documents with funny bugs that can't be reproduced in new documents are interesting. When I have such cases, I save them, then try to simplify the files later. Eitehr I find the cause, or I have a small file for a bug report. ANd 50:50 the bug is me.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!