Menu : Files/Open recent
When hovering on the recent file list, it would be helpful to popup a thumbnail image of the file.
Best regards
Phil
Recent files
-
PhilM
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 191
- Registriert: Do 28 Mai 2015 18:00
- Wohnort: Belgium
-
Herbert123
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2455
- Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38
Re: Recent files
An alternative is to open the Mini (Simple) Browser panel, which lists all recent files with thumbnails. Use CTRL-scrollwheel to set the thumbnail size.
I almost never use the recent file list in the File menu and prefer to use the mini browser. Added boons: open multiple recent files simultaneously, instant access to all the files that I am working on, displaying many more recent files, open the location of files in Explorer/Finder, and so forth.
Collapse the panel to hide it if it gets in the way. I place it on a second screen.
I almost never use the recent file list in the File menu and prefer to use the mini browser. Added boons: open multiple recent files simultaneously, instant access to all the files that I am working on, displaying many more recent files, open the location of files in Explorer/Finder, and so forth.
Collapse the panel to hide it if it gets in the way. I place it on a second screen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
-
PhilM
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 191
- Registriert: Do 28 Mai 2015 18:00
- Wohnort: Belgium
Re: Recent files
Yes I know the Mini Browser.Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 01 Okt 2025 19:18 An alternative is to open the Mini (Simple) Browser pane
But I mostly don't use it, as I use an external browser (XNviewMP).
Your alternative does not reduce the benefit of my proposal.
Thanks for your pertinent suggestion
Phil
-
Herbert123
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 2455
- Registriert: Sa 12 Mai 2012 21:38
Re: Recent files
Instead of pop-ups, I'd prefer thumbnails myself. Similar to how Krita solved it:
Pop-ups can be quite jarring.
It's a good suggestion, though.
Pop-ups can be quite jarring.
It's a good suggestion, though.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
System: Win10 64bit - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait