Feature needed: Ability to set group attributes without entering groups

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Feature needed: Ability to set group attributes without entering groups

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

This is one of the more frustrating aspects of PL that I wish was different. At the moment, it is impossible to change the colour of grouped objects without entering the group, selecting each individual object and replacing it this way. There's a much simpler, and much more elegant way to do it.

Like this: https://ibb.co/dJzHBD2P

In the image, you have group of 4 objects with 5 different colours, counting stroke colour too. You can change the stroke colour by simply selecting the group and setting stroke colour. All stroke colours are changed instantly. Alternatively, you can select the group and choose a colour from the colour swatch or colour field, and a prompt shows-up. Where you can either choose to replace all the colours or select specific colours from the list and replace those alone. And this can also include stroke. If there's text, text colour is also included in the list. This is an extremely useful time saver when you want to iterate quickly and find the best combination of colours.
Benutzeravatar
shijan
Mitglied
Beiträge: 2033
Registriert: Mo 23 Dez 2019 15:21
Wohnort: Ukraine

Re: Feature needed: Ability to set group attributes without entering groups

Beitrag von shijan »

Well, it is possible to select multiple vector objects and change their color/outline to to some other color.
There is also "search by vector color" option in layer list described here viewtopic.php?t=6646

Example:
Type a command in search field to display all vector layers that use #ffff00 yellow fill color:

Code: Alles auswählen

&fillcolor="RGB#ffff00"
Type a command in search field to display all vector layers that use #ffff00 yellow line stroke color:

Code: Alles auswählen

&linecolor="RGB#ffff00"
Also it starting from 25.00b11 is possible to search for line and fill color like this:

Code: Alles auswählen

&color="RGB#ffff00"
You can then select all layers in the layer list and change their color together.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: Feature needed: Ability to set group attributes without entering groups

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

This only works if I know the Hex Code. But the method I've suggested does not require any search. And works per group. If I search for colours using command, then literally every object with that fill colour shows up. I then have to select the objects from the layer stack. I don't want that. I want to just change attributes in selected groups. Just selecting the group and selecting the colour in the field should trigger the replace colour dialogue box, listing all the colours in that group alone. I can then replace all colours or selected colours. Independent of whether that colour is stroke or fill.

Also, it would be great if we can apply stroke colour by Shift or Alt clicking the colour field. This has been the norm in CorelDraw, Xara, Inkscape, VectorStyler. It is a workflow I really love.