Color matching two layers

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maho
Mitglied

Color matching two layers

Beitrag von maho »

Hello guys,

I'd like your advice regarding with a particular problem in Photoline. I have two partially overlapping layers of the same image content. However, the colors are a bit off. What I'd like to do is match up the colors between the two layers as closely as possible, by first measuring the color differences between the two layers.

In particular, I would like to use the Color Picker tool to measure the RGB values of a pixel at a specific location in the first layer, and then switch to the second layer, and measure the RGB values of the corresponding pixel in that layer. However, I don't want to move the computer cursor to change the selected layer. So I think this boils down to, is there a way to create a Keyboard Shortcut to switch the selected layer to the layer directly below it?

There might be a completely different (and superior) workflow for this problem, so please share if you have a better solution.
maho
Mitglied

Re: Color matching two layers

Beitrag von maho »

A partial answer - a search of the Forum reveals there is some kind of Color Match function. I'm on PL 19.03, and I can't find that function. Is it worthwhile? Do I need to upgrade?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

It's new in version 20:
https://www.pl32.com/pages/rnote.php
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

maho hat geschrieben: Do 04 Mai 2017 10:51 In particular, I would like to use the Color Picker tool to measure the RGB values of a pixel at a specific location in the first layer, and then switch to the second layer, and measure the RGB values of the corresponding pixel in that layer.
Try the Color Position tool (which displays the colour values for a fixed image position in the Picture Info panel). It has two options (which can be set via the context menu), both of which will work for you: "colour from active layer" (so you can switch between the layers in the layer panel), or "color from all layers" (you'll have to turn off one of the layers to measure the other).

Cheers

Burkhard.
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

Thanks for your support, Gerhard & Burkhard.

I just submitted payment to upgrade from version 19 to version 20. If you could send me registration codes for both PC and Mac that would be appreciated.