Neue Testversion 18.40b14

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 18.40b14

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 18.40b14.

Windows:
www.pl32.com/beta/pl1840b14.zip

Mac OS X:
www.pl32.com/beta/plx1840b14.zip

Neues:
- Textlineal ausschaltbar
- Ausrichten, neue Funktion: Gleicher Abstand
- Vektorpfade verbinden: Punkte können nun auch aufeinander gezogen werden
- Vektor: Neue Funktion "Zerschneiden"

diverse kleinere Verbesserungen und Fehlerbehebungen

Gerhard Huber [Computerinsel GmbH]
support@pl32.de - www.pl32.de
photoken
Mitglied

Anchor points on hidden vector layer are visible

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 18.40b14 x64

In this example, the line and the triangle are on separate layers:
vectors all.png
If one of the layers (the triangle) is hidden and still selected, when the "Edit Vector Points" tool is chosen, the anchor points of the hidden vector layer are still visible:
vectors hidden points.png
Those anchor points can be selected and moved, etc. Is this intentional? It seems to me that when a layer is hidden, everything on the layer should be hidden and inaccessible.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

3D Body Effect broken for vector object

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64
PL18.40b14 x64

When a closed vector object is selected, the 3D Body effect can't be applied.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.40b14

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Objects can now be selected and moved irrespective of the layer hierarchy in the layer panel! That simplifies life enormously.
happy-dance.jpg
Very nice. The only issue is that selection in the viewport does not allow the user to select multiple objects this way, and there are problems with aligning vector anchor points to objects in the layer stack that are not part of the same group - hopefully in the next beta?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

Forgive my ignorance, I would like to ask;

> Where I can reach "alignement same distance" (Gleicher Abstand) function?
> How does vector "cut" function works? I couldn't understand in my tests.

Edit: I understood the cut function. Something can be really usefull like "knife tool" in some other software. But isn't it better to do it with a selection? Because after cut you need to clean other vector points left from 2. shape etc. I mean just a simple cut.

Notes:
> 3D body doesn't show up in any type of layers. You need to click fix layer to see the effect.
> When clicked on FIX, 3D body creates a group with many vector layers (sides)
> It is better without text ruler, allows easiier to see design realtime.
> I felt a problem in selections. In a picture with 5 layers (no groupping etc, plain) it needs to click many times to choose.

All bests
Evren
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

evren hat geschrieben: > How does vector "cut" function works? I couldn't understand in my tests.

Edit: I understood the cut function. Something can be really usefull like "knife tool" in some other software. But isn't it better to do it with a selection? Because after cut you need to clean other vector points left from 2. shape etc. I mean just a simple cut.
I like the cut function better than the "Knife" tool in other apps. It's more powerful because you can cut with a straight line or with a curve. I think it's better to use a vector shape rather than a selection because you can use either a straight vector line or a curved vector shape to cut. Also, using (for example) a straight vector line allows one to precisely position that line before cutting.
Ken
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:there are problems with aligning vector anchor points to objects in the layer stack that are not part of the same group
It will cause chaos in workflow with more than 20 etc. layers with vector objects :shock:
Actually already there is a bit in "align to auto guides" mode. I'm sometimes working with files with more than 200 vector objects. When you move an anchor or object, screen become like disco :)
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

photoken hat geschrieben:I like the cut function better than the "Knife" tool in other apps.
Gives flexibility and power in many manner. Just the problem is it also includes the cutting vector to the final result. If it will just cut (without including the cutting vector to the result) it will be absolutely great.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

evren hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:I like the cut function better than the "Knife" tool in other apps.
Gives flexibility and power in many manner. Just the problem is it also includes the cutting vector to the final result. If it will just cut (without including the cutting vector to the result) it will be absolutely great.
I've now learned to use the "Split Vector Layer" command to separate the cut objects into individual layers. Makes it much easier to move the objects to create a space between them, etc. I can't think of a use for that remaining cutting vector, but if someone wants it, it's there.... :)
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Bug: Filter...Last Command menu item not expanding to fit

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64
PL 18.40b14 (32-bit)

The menu for the Filter is not expanding to fit the name of the plugin when the last used command is rather long:
filter menu.png
I don't have a 64-bit plugin with a long name, so I can't test if this is also happening with the x64 version of PL 18.40b14....
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Inconsistent cutting vector path remains

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64
PL 18.40b14 x64

When a straight line is used to cut a vector shape, the cutting vector path remains as an object. If a curve is used to cut, the cutting path does not remain.

This is inconsistent. Probably should always keep the cutting path as an object in case the user wants to use it to highlight the common border:
cut objects.png
Users can always manually delete the remaining cutting path, if necessary.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

evren hat geschrieben: > Where I can reach "alignement same distance" (Gleicher Abstand) function?
There are two new menu entries under Layout -> Alignment: "Distribute Layers Equally Hor./Vert." , and two additional icons (the last two ones in the bottom row) in the tool settings of the layer tool.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Anchor points on hidden vector layer are visible

photoken hat geschrieben:If one of the layers (the triangle) is hidden and still selected, when the "Edit Vector Points" tool is chosen, the anchor points of the hidden vector layer are still visible.
Those anchor points can be selected and moved, etc. Is this intentional? It seems to me that when a layer is hidden, everything on the layer should be hidden and inaccessible.
no, that's not intentional. We will fix this.

Gerhard
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: 3D Body Effect broken for vector object

photoken hat geschrieben:When a closed vector object is selected, the 3D Body effect can't be applied.
Can you send me a sample document? support@pl32.com

Gerhard
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

evren hat geschrieben:> How does vector "cut" function works? I couldn't understand in my tests.

you should create a "cutting" vector layer. This layer should be a closed path. Then select both, the cutting layer and your vector layer - your vector layer should be the active one. Then select the function.
I know it's a little complicated, but this was a fast and easy way to implement such a function.

Gerhard