Resizing of new layers

MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Resizing of new layers

Beitrag von MikeFromMesa »

I sometimes find myself wanting to replace a sky, and I can do this easily enough in PhotoLine, but when I add a replacement sky the size of the layer is often different from the baseline layer. I can, and do, resize the new layer by using the scale functionality, but that requires that the user find the old layer size and then manually resize the new layer to fit.

It would be nice if there was some built-in functionality to allow the user to just say "resize this new layer based on the size of the adjacent layer. This, of course, would only be for image layers.
Paul P
Mitglied

Re: Resizing of new layers

Beitrag von Paul P »

Yes, a long time ago I used to work with a program where you could copy the size and/or coordinates of a frame and then apply one or more elements of the size or coordinates to another frame. That was very handy.
But of course in PL you can use the 'Automatic guides' function, resize with ALT key. Your active frame will snap to another frame.
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

Paul P hat geschrieben: Mi 02 Feb 2022 08:25 But of course in PL you can use the 'Automatic guides' function, resize with ALT key. Your active frame will snap to another frame.
Every day I am learning more about how to use PL but I guess I am not familiar enough with it yet as I did not know about that. I will do some reading of the manual and see how that works and if it will do what I would like.

Thank you for the information.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Check this tip for ALT-snapping setup viewtopic.php?p=50077#p50077
MikeFromMesa, why did you start threads in English in German area of the forum?
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
MikeFromMesa
Mitglied

shijan hat geschrieben: Do 03 Feb 2022 04:01 Check this tip for ALT-snapping setup viewtopic.php?p=50077#p50077
Thank you for the link.

I have been trying to figure out how to use the guides and grid functionality but reading the manual has not helped me. I will play around with the Preference changes you suggested and see if I can figure out how to use this.
shijan hat geschrieben: Do 03 Feb 2022 04:01 MikeFromMesa, why did you start threads in English in German area of the forum?
Because this was the only Suggestions and Wishes part of the forum that I could find. If I had found this in an English language part of the forum I would have posted there. And, of course, because there are other English language posts in this section.