[Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

[Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

Hello: I am requesting Photoshop's Transparency Shapes Layer, which is a feature within the Blend-If dialogue box I use frequently to create realistic lens flares, hotspots and specular highlights in my advertisement work. It will make life a lot easier. Here it is for your reference: https://youtu.be/73IriW5ieUA?t=88
Benutzeravatar
Hoogo
Beta Tester
Beiträge: 4169
Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
Wohnort: Deutschland

Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I watched that, but it gave me no idea what it does.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Benutzeravatar
der_fotograf
Mitglied
Beiträge: 672
Registriert: Mo 05 Dez 2016 08:33
Wohnort: North Germany

Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

I can achieve the identical effect as shown in the video with PL without any problem. Even with multiple transparent layers, different shapes and colors, grouped or ungrouped, can be moved freely and altered in intensity.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Fr 24 Okt 2025 07:42 I can achieve the identical effect as shown in the video with PL without any problem. Even with multiple transparent layers, different shapes and colors, grouped or ungrouped, can be moved freely and altered in intensity.
Please could you explain how you achieved the effect?

@Hoogo: In PS, you can independently control layer opacity and layer fill.

The "Transparency Shapes Layer" option in Photoshop determines whether layer effects and knockouts are restricted to the opaque (non-transparent) parts of a layer. When checked (the default), effects are confined to the shape's visible pixels; when unchecked, effects can extend beyond the shape's boundaries across the entire layer. This is useful for advanced control when working with complex layer styles, masks, and blending modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo5m-vMXfvw - This is an exhaustive explanation.

To make it even simpler, Transparency Shapes Layer allows you to use the layer's opacity to determine how adjustments, styles and blending modes work.

Hope this helps.
Zuletzt geändert von Vivi_Ram am Fr 24 Okt 2025 11:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Benutzeravatar
der_fotograf
Mitglied
Beiträge: 672
Registriert: Mo 05 Dez 2016 08:33
Wohnort: North Germany

Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Since no one ever says thank you here, I've decided to stop posting instructions.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Vivi_Ram
Mitglied
Beiträge: 421
Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04

Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer

Beitrag von Vivi_Ram »

In fact, all of the advanced blending options in PS are extremely useful timesavers.

https://www.panosfx.com/templates/yooth ... fbaf3.webp - I'd love to see them in PL at some point in the future. Maybe 26? Both year and version? :D