[Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer
-
Vivi_Ram
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 421
- Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04
[Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer
Hello: I am requesting Photoshop's Transparency Shapes Layer, which is a feature within the Blend-If dialogue box I use frequently to create realistic lens flares, hotspots and specular highlights in my advertisement work. It will make life a lot easier. Here it is for your reference: https://youtu.be/73IriW5ieUA?t=88
-
Hoogo
- Beta Tester
- Beiträge: 4169
- Registriert: So 03 Jul 2005 13:35
- Wohnort: Deutschland
Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer
I watched that, but it gave me no idea what it does.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
-
der_fotograf
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 672
- Registriert: Mo 05 Dez 2016 08:33
- Wohnort: North Germany
Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer
I can achieve the identical effect as shown in the video with PL without any problem. Even with multiple transparent layers, different shapes and colors, grouped or ungrouped, can be moved freely and altered in intensity.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
-
Vivi_Ram
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 421
- Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04
Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer
Please could you explain how you achieved the effect?der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Fr 24 Okt 2025 07:42 I can achieve the identical effect as shown in the video with PL without any problem. Even with multiple transparent layers, different shapes and colors, grouped or ungrouped, can be moved freely and altered in intensity.
@Hoogo: In PS, you can independently control layer opacity and layer fill.
The "Transparency Shapes Layer" option in Photoshop determines whether layer effects and knockouts are restricted to the opaque (non-transparent) parts of a layer. When checked (the default), effects are confined to the shape's visible pixels; when unchecked, effects can extend beyond the shape's boundaries across the entire layer. This is useful for advanced control when working with complex layer styles, masks, and blending modes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo5m-vMXfvw - This is an exhaustive explanation.
To make it even simpler, Transparency Shapes Layer allows you to use the layer's opacity to determine how adjustments, styles and blending modes work.
Hope this helps.
Zuletzt geändert von Vivi_Ram am Fr 24 Okt 2025 11:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
-
der_fotograf
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 672
- Registriert: Mo 05 Dez 2016 08:33
- Wohnort: North Germany
Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer
Since no one ever says thank you here, I've decided to stop posting instructions.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
-
Vivi_Ram
- Mitglied
- Beiträge: 421
- Registriert: Sa 28 Sep 2024 17:04
Re: [Idea]: Transparency Shapes Layer
In fact, all of the advanced blending options in PS are extremely useful timesavers.
https://www.panosfx.com/templates/yooth ... fbaf3.webp - I'd love to see them in PL at some point in the future. Maybe 26? Both year and version?
https://www.panosfx.com/templates/yooth ... fbaf3.webp - I'd love to see them in PL at some point in the future. Maybe 26? Both year and version?